Within the framework of the Year of Ecology and the Year of Specially Protected Natural Territories, announced in 2017, the international Baikal ecological water forum (hereinafter - the Forum) will be held in Irkutsk by the initiative of the Governor of the Irkutsk Region.
The Forum - an effective communicative platform for dialogue between representatives of the government, business and society in the field of solving ecological problems of water resources of Lake Baikal. This unique site, included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1996, is an example of an outstanding freshwater ecosystem that meets the four main criteria of the Convention on Natural and Cultural Heritage.
THEMATIC SECTIONS OF THE FORUM
- Preservation of the unique ecosystem of Lake Baikal. Ecological challenges of our time. Systemic approaches to the improvement of Lake Baikal and the Baikal natural territory.
- State policy of preserving the unique ecosystem of Lake Baikal.
- International experience in the protection of water resources. The role of Russia in the development of international cooperation in the protection of water resources.
- Innovative and energy-efficient technologies in water management, water supply and sanitation.
- Specialization of the Baikal natural territory as a zone of ecological tourism, taking into account environmental restrictions.