To speed-up the deployment of clean and climate-friendly desalination infrastructure, the Global Clean Water Desalination Alliance calls for:
- Public investments in pilot clean desalination projects;
- Access to climate and other green finance by the desalination industry;
- Technical assistance for needs assessments, planning and risk mitigation of desalination projects in developing countries;
- Private and public sectors to dialogue on water reuse and desalination to address the most urging climate impacts on water availability;
- The establishment of Centers of excellence on clean desalination to be supported in all regions.